Having money, a nice house, car, clothes, etc… is something we all innately strive for. We should not feel guilty for having this natural urge. We are all born with a unique talent which when expressed positively brings us material success.
The following principles are an absolute MUST before we can achieve and enjoy material success. Don’t dismiss them as too warm and fuzzy. We all know that it’s also about hard work and what you learned in your MBA. But I know lots of very smart people with MBA’s and very little material success. Why? They fail to get an MBA in self awareness and never observe their inner limiting beliefs.
1. First and foremost, if you harbour prejudice or ill feelings or resentment toward people or even one person, you will never taste or even smell success. Forgive others quickly. Have love in your heart. The easiest way to do this is to practice empathy regularly (put yourself in their shoes). The best entrepreneurs know that to be in touch with their customers they must have empathy for their experience.
2. Have childlike enthusiasm when expressing your talent. Have the same enthusiasm for a project as your client does. Express it through words and actions. People who are proud and arrogant about their title or position will never know success.
3. Learn to accept whatever flows in life. Trust that something good will come of any circumstance sometime in the future. Not just good for you but it could be good for someone else. We are not meant to win all the time. Sometimes we lose. Acceptance is the key to open the next door of opportunity. You will never take hold of that key if you are always looking back with regret.
4. Be fearless in your execution of achieving your goals. Fearlessness does not mean aggression. It means that you will take action with an “I can’t lose” attitude. Failure cannot be an option in your mind. This attitude only comes when you have love and enthusiasm in your heart. See points 1 & 2 above. If you do fail, see point 3 above.
5. Be grateful for what you will become in the future. This may sound strange but you must not only be grateful for the things you have in your life now. Be grateful for who you will become as a person; i.e. the qualities you will acquire along the way to success. These qualities are more important than material possessions and will make you happy with or without your possessions.