Whenever I suggest more sleep around motivated people on the go, I am often met with ‘are you insane?!’, followed by a ‘yawn’. Not only because the topic bores them but also because they are sleep deprived. Im guilty on both counts. But below you will find 3 great tips for the best sleep ever.
Sure we might go through periods where we sleep less and for good reason. For example when we travel to exciting destinations and constantly on the go. Or when we work on projects that stimulate us. But there comes a tipping point where the mind and body say, “hey, enough is enough, you need to chill”.
Benefits of sleep:
- You will look more attractive (that’s why they call it ‘beauty sleep’)
- You will improve your memory
- You will lower your stress levels
- You will be smarter. Albert Einstein needed 10 hours sleep a night.
And the best thing about sleep is that its free. It’s the best supplement that money can’t buy. It is a daily detox for the mind. Some people swear by meditation to relax BUT research show that sleep is far more effective.
Here are three tips that will definitely get you the best sleep:
- Cardio exercise after work – at least 30 mins.
- Get some sun around midday.
- Have a laugh in the last hour before you go to bed. Hang out with fun people or watch your favourite comedy.
And remember that one hour sleep before midnight is worth 2 hours sleep after midnight. So get to bed early.