I don’t know if you have the same issue in your offices, but our Wellness Warrior noticed that as the day progresses staff gradually start slouching at their desks. So we started an afternoon stretch session to break this slouching rut. At 3:30 our Outlook calendar buzzes at us to stop for 5 min and stretch as a team! It’s great fun and re-energising. Everyone returns to his or her work refreshed and buzzing.
The stretches we do aren’t complicated. Here is a list of some of them:
- Rotate the wrists to the right and left 10x each side
- Stretch the right arm to the left across your chest for 20 counts
- Stretch the left arm to the right across your chest for 20 counts
- Stretch calf muscle (20 counts for each leg)
- A set of 10 – 20 star jumps
- Lunges on both legs for 10-20 counts
What do you do at work as a team or on your own to beat the afternoon slouch? I’d love to hear your experiences and practices.